Sunday 2 November 2014

Cambodia : SIEM REAP 2014

0


Hi loves,

It's been ages since my last post. And I think, I've been so busy balancing my work and my laziness. Haha. :) #truth. Lord knows how I am trying to force myself over and overrrrr to write again.

Then, boom clap, I am writing now. Must be because of the Sinigang that I had during lunch. Hahaha.

This year has been so good to me when it comes to TRAVELING because I got to visit and explore some places where I haven't been to and been dreaming to visit ONE DAY.

Came July. Hello, SouthEast Asia :) Ohwell, just-some-of-the-southeast-countries. Hahaha.

Day 1-2:

When I think of Cambodia, I see... temples. I see...remnants of the french colonialism. I see... checkmark on my bucketlist and mostly, I see... AVATAR AANG!!!!! Ohmy. Did I just mention, Aang? The cartoon? The Airbender? Well, I guess, I did. Just don't mind the Aang thing. Moving forward.

Some of the highlights were: (arranged from what I think is the bestest to best *wink*)

1.) ANGKOR WAT

A UNESCO, World Heritage Site

Such a HUGE temple. Still in awe. Every step that I made when inside the temple, made me realised how blessed I am to see such an AMAZING creation made by the ancient people of Cambodia. Every corner has its own story to tell including the 3000 beguiling apsaras (heavenly nymphs). A day is simply not enough to read all the stories carved into its sand-stoned walls.

The best spot during sunrise :) #nofilter

Still in awe with how the Ancient People did these super art manually with no help from any machines or whatsoever. Simply Rad!

2.) BAYON TEMPLE

Fact: Bayon is a Buddhist temple but it incorporates elements of Hinduism.

Bayon is known for its huge stone faces.

Welcome to The Bayon Temple :) #nofilter
Please don't mind the girl in the middle. Ehem ehem. Lol. :)
3.) Ta Prohm Temple

Best know for its participation in the movie of Angelina Jolie's Tomb Raider.

In this temple, you have to enter at the west and walk all the way to the east to reach the exit. (Or, you can exit through the south gate if you got lost, just what I did.) *inhale exhale* I can still feel how tired I was during my visit to this temple. But never mind, the tired feet, Ta Prohm has its romantic feel that you just want to experience the whole sight-seeing thing inside the temple.


4.) A picture with Aang and Sokka :))))

Yes! I am that mababaw. (A picture alone with the monks can make me really happy already)

Ladies, beware! We cannot touch or do any kind of body contact with monks, but Men can do.

Haha. Kidding with the Aang and Sokka thing.

5.) Baguette the Bagets!

When you're hungry and you're trying not to spend a lot. Then, baguette is the answurrrr, loves! Hahaha. 
Don't convert, A. Don't convert. #1 rule when in abroad.
The process. The colours. Yum! 
Taduuuh!!!! Get in my belly, you baguette!

6.) Company of great friends :)

Always remember : NO ROAD IS LONG, WITH GOOD COMPANY!

Mommy Sol, Bryan and A :)
Bryan, Kuya Lirio, Mommy Sol and A :) #wave2

7.) A $1 foot massage along the market. 

*heaven*

Need I say more? 

Hihi :) Goodjob, youngman! Ang sarap ng masahe mo! 
***

We also visited The Floating Village. However, I didn't find it amusing as a traveler, or a tourist perhaps, instead, I felt this weird feeling on why does their government use this kind of place to make money out of people's difficult life in the floating village. 

By visiting the village, I learned that there was only one doctor on call for the entire village and they don't have any clinic in there. Imagine, people there are at hight risk of getting sick especially that they're living in the waters (kids to be precised). As a Nurse, it is so depressing to see that kind of environment. I just hope that their government is not too blind to see what is really happening to their other "tourist spot". 


That's about it :) Thank you, Siem Reap for the warm welcome! I shall be back, I promise :)

Traveler,
A :)

Next blog: Vietnam : Ho Chi Minh (soon)

Top: Temt
Aztec skirt: Jay-Jays
Necklace: Equip

0 comments:

Post a Comment